WE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
NISOMAR SHIPPING & LOGISTICS.
NSM Shipping was established in early 2017 and has already become one of the leading shipping and logistics companies in Kenya. We have expertise in all major areas
of ships agency including Liner, Bulk, Break Bulk, Tanker agency, Oil and Gas, Cruise vessels and Navy.
Our aim is to provide the highest quality maritime and logistics solutions to Shipping Lines, charterers and traders in the region and globally. The NSM Team comprises a
lean team of 16 staff with a combined experience of over 150 years in the Shipping Industry.
We focus our efforts on providing tailor made services to our customers that will not only meet their needs but provide high levels of customer satisfaction. We believe that by being young, small and dynamic we are able to offer personalised services to the extend that we are considered a complete part of our customers process.
We offer: full vessel agency, pure car carriers, bulk, break bulk, oil tankers, and passenger and military
vessels. Furthermore, we offer Owners’ Protective Agency Services (OPA), as well as high quality
services for bunker, supply or repair calls. Additionally, we can offer competitive fees for arms’ clearance
and the storage of weapons.
PASSENGER & NAVY
The successful handling of both Navy and Passenger vessel calls require unique experience, knowledge of customer requirements and extreme discipline to deliver and support the ship in the most cost efficient way for the principal. NSM has the experience and fully comprehends the sensitivities related to tight schedules and cost efficiencies in every aspect of the operation.
We offer spare parts movement, project cargo management, forwarding and custom clearance, heavy-lift and out of gauge expertise, temporary imports, delivery onshore or offshore and warehousing and storage services.
P & I CORRESPONDENTS
We manage all P&I matters from: stowaways, cargo damage and loss, marine pollution, casualty claims.
Through many years’ of experience and contacts we are corresponding agents for a number of the IG
Clubs and our primary focus is to make every effort to reduce tension in any potential claims case to
save costs, reduce exposure of the club and its member and achieve a clean and cost efficient solution.
We use the latest software accounting packages and understand the need for fast, efficient and accurate FDAs being sent to principals. At the beginning of any agency nomination we also take great care to accurately predict all the relevant costs the principle may occur when we send an initial costing as part of the pro forma DA summary.
SERVICES TO CLIENTS
Our aim is to always achieve an efficient cargo operation and speedy port turnaround in the most cost efficient manner. This will always be backed up by high quality information, berthing line ups and accurate documentation.
• BSC degree in Maritime and Nautical Studies, John Moore's University, Liverpool, 1986.
• 35 years’ industry experience working for Owners, Charterers, Operators and Agents in: Liverpool, London, Dubai and Kenya.
• 21 Years with Inchcape Shipping Services in Africa until June 2016. Last 4 years as Head of Africa. 21 years working with Inchcape Shipping Services until June 2016. Last 4 years as Head of Africa for ISS.
• Specialized experience of ships agency, Liner marketing and operations, Break Bulk and P and I correspondence agency work, terminal depots and management. Specialised experience of: Ships’ Agency, Liner Marketing and Operations, Break Bulk and P&I correspondence agency work.
• Joseph holds Bachelor of Commerce degree and MBA degree from the University of Nairobi. He also holds a diploma in shipping and freight forwarding.
• Joseph joined Inchcape as an Operations
Executive in 1997 and was quickly promoted to Operations Manager Kenya. By the time he left Inchcape in 2016 he was General Manager - Operations for Africa.
• He has a deep understanding of both marine and cargo operations and is well versed with operations and processes at the Kenyan ports and other African ports that fell under his jurisdiction. He fully comprehends both marine and cargo operations and is fluent in the operations and processes at the Kenyan ports and other African ports that fell under his jurisdiction.
• He played a key role in the start-up of various offices in Africa and was fully involved in the running of these businesses.
• He was also in charge of operation excellence in the region and quality assurance in service delivery.
Head of Operations
• A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (FICS), and a B.A in International Business from Washington International University (W.I.U).
• Part of the first team involved in the inaugural running the first local state Shipping Line, Kenya National Shipping Lines (KNSL). Furthermore, he worked for Seaforth Shipping from 1992 and LOTS Shipping E.A before joining Nisomar in 2018.
• Actively involved in policy making in the current Ports Authority Charter; a Think tank in the new economic dynamics in the region.
• A statistician and fluent in agency operations with over 27 years’ experience in: the shipping industry, agency representation of major trading grain houses, the UN -WFP, the major wet, dry, break bulks, projects and specialized cargoes.
• Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Nairobi.
• Member of the Institute of Chartered Ship Brokers London. P&I Insurance and Loss Prevention course from North of England P&I Club and South Tyneside College in New Castle, England.
• 22 years industry experience as a P & I correspondent, representing most of the International Group and fixed premium clubs in East Africa. During this period, Wilson expertly handled a number of: high value ship damage, cargo damage, general average, pollution, bunker and B/L claims.